Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default drill bits

On Feb 21, 3:19*am, "SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message

. ..

"RayV" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 3:09 pm, (Herb and Eneva) wrote:
I have serveral dull drill bits and can`t seem to get them sharp. Will
someone please tell me what is the best angle to start with when
sharpening a drill bit? Thanks a lot

See what Bill in Detroit said he
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...rm/thread/b602...

That's good stuff ... but it is difficult for most folks and becomes
really difficult for small drill bits. *The "rolling motion" approaches an
art form, by the way.

My dad was a machinist all his life. *He could take a 1" x 2" stone, and
sharpen a drill in very short order. *I can't do it yet with my Drill Doctor
750. *I remember that twisting action he had. *About five or six twisting
strokes, an eyeball, some more, another eyeball. *Don't have a clue what he
was looking at. *He musta been good at it, because he a lot of guys
commented on it. *Never ever saw him used an electrical device, only a
stone.

Steve

So: Would you recommend the Drill Doctor? Or should I just go out and
buy more drill bits? Appreciate your advice.