Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Brass allthread redux

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:25:57 -0800, SteveB wrote:

Went all over today, and couldn't find any. Did find quarter twenty
joiners about an inch long. Hex in shape. Definitely steel Will use
them this trip to join the two short pieces together, and by next year,
I'm sure they'll be a blob. Maybe by then, I'll have something else
figured out. I DID find brass rod (not welding rod) in the metal
section of Ace. Think I'll go with my idea of cutting off some short
threaded sections and welding them on to the end of a solid brass rod
for next year. Will be interesting to see how hard they corrode on
there. The other ones (combo aluminum body with steel nuts) have been
easy to get off. The brass threads are not corroded much, and can be
cleaned by just chasing with a nut run down from the other end.

Steve

So get a good 1/4-20 die and thread the ends of your 1/4 brass rod.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com