Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:51:51 GMT, GregS wrote:
I might first think about using a good shop vac and start sucking at the feed
from the water heater or main entrance.

Hi GregS,
Unfortunately, we do not have a "shop vac". My vacuum cleaner isn't likely
to do the job either ...

I will try tonight to remove the inlet water line if I can find where it
goes and to remove the solonoid to see if either have a screen.

If it's not that, then I'll look at the "float" and the "nozzle" wherever
they are, but first I'll try to see if it's the blue solonoid or the hidden
inlet screen if there is any.

Donna