Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default rotary electric shaver heads sharpened, adjusted (save$$)

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

msg writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Jarhead" writes:

Those blades are self sharpening; they never need externally sharpened.
Ever.

Sharpening service for Norelco blades? That's funny. Mine last about
30 years. They just wear down gradually but remain sharp.

Au contraire, mon ami. I have several 3-head Norelco shavers with different
versions of the blades and both have not kept them sharp with use; I have
had to use a fine flat stone to 'hone' the blades which restores them enough
for perhaps a few months of use before additional treatment is needed.

I had previously been under the impression that they self-sharpened.

Ah, but is your shaver 30 years old? I think they fired all the designers
who came up with products that lasted too long.

It was almost 34 years ago when I gave up and slammed the piece of
garbage against the concrete floor. Four repairs in one year was just
too much on an eight year old rechargeable razor. I grew a mustache
(And shaved it off every two weeks) just to tick off my CO in the Army.
;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell