Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Roof bids from $1400-$6200???

wrote:

Any chance you just have ice dams and your rof is fine???? �You can get
lots of water backing
up UNDER roofing when the gutters aren't draining.- Hide quoted text -

thats why I was going to suggest that bitchane material although i
have no idea how its spelled.

its pricey but put on ice dam areas or all over roof in severe weather
areas. its a adhesive covered rubber coating with 2 layers of rubber
glued together with a sealing compound. you still use shingles, it
replaces tar paper. really makes for a dry roof

drive a nail thru it no leak....

Bitumen? We have that stuff, I think, on flat portions of our condo
roof. Use a torch to seal
seams, I think. Seems like an ice dam can still get under the edge -
what would prevent it?
I don't know when or why bitumen would be used under shingles.