Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

Default why 60-40 solder?

In article ,
jakdedert wrote:
Well there is lead solder in my house and I drink the water. No lead
poisoning yet..

How can you tell? FWIW, I think the ban on lead in plumbing makes a lot
of sense. Still, I'd think that there is very little--if any--lead in
actual contact with the water in a properly sweated joint.

Nor does the lead dissolve in water - lead pipes were in use for hundreds
of years. Of course it may depend on the type of water. Hard water coats
the insides of the pipes.

--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.