Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Full time turning

On Feb 19, 10:35 am, Max63 wrote:

I guess some of you guys may be missing a point

Maybe - but the OP was asking how many turn "for a living" as in
making one.

There absolutely isn't one thing wrong with turning for fun or a tidy
profit, or even like I do - to be able to buy more woodturning stuff.

There is a huge difference though in "turning for a living" as your
source of income to support yourself and your family. That is a job.

Selling a pen or a bowl here and there, that's fun. It's a hobby.
It's "turning for fun" and if that's what you want to do, that's
great. I don't know how many pens or bowls you would have to sell to
make your house and car payment, though.

turn for fun,
Max

I'm with you.

Robert