Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Koltner[_2_] Joel Koltner[_2_] is offline

Default Slightly misbehaving switcher (from SED discussion)

This is the first cut of the production department's layout for this switcher.
I saw "first cut" because IMO it needs some serious adjustment -- with the
most obvious problem being the distance between L3 and C87. This is an
8-layer board (don't ask), and both ground and the output of the switcher
("Vcore") go to their own dedicated planes whereas the switcher's input
("VBAT") is a larger copper pour on another layer. (I've turned off the
layers other than the top as none of the switcher's nets are routed on them
and they make for a considerably messier plot... C28 and C30 are decoupling
the power pins on a connector that's on the bottom side of the board, if
anyone's curious.)

Critiques are always welcome!

---Joel

Attached Thumbnails
Slightly misbehaving switcher (from SED discussion)-layout-png  Slightly misbehaving switcher (from SED discussion)-schem-png