Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mannybas@gmail.com is offline

Default Westinghouse 32w3 lcd tv flickering problem

On Feb 11, 4:31*pm, wrote:
I have a camera that can record the problem, but it has stopped
occurring for the time being (pretty convienent, huh?). *I called
Westinghouse and their response is that they will exchange theTVif i
sent it in for a refurbished because they don't even manufactur this
anymore. *AND they said that no service center will be able torepair
this because no Westinghouse parts are available nation wide. *Is this
a load of fake things they are saying, or will I be wasting my time
and money if I try to take it to someone? *I was told to try to call
them again, talk to manager, and demand a new set sent. *Not sure how
my negotiations/demanding skills will play out on that scenario

Will be on the lookout for thetvacting up again and if it is, I'll
try to record.

Thanks again for the help!

I bought the same TV around the same time and my problems sound
similar. After the TV is on for a while (30 minutes), the screen
starts to flicker. This gets worse over a few minutes until the whole
screen eventually turns a flickering shade of blue. After turning it
off and waiting a half hour or so, the tv is watchable again, for a
while. No warranty means I'm out of luck too. This tv is to cheap to
fix at a repair center.

Because it never happened from the start, that it is wall mounted
pretty high up on my wall, and that I heard somwhere that it may have
to do with an overheating problem, I tried to cool it down with a fan
from the moment I turned it on. I noticed a clear decrease of
"garbled blue screen" incidents. The TV would have to be on for many
hours for it to happen again. I am trying to replace the ugly and
noisy rig I am currently using (old bathroom fan blowing from below
the tv towards it) with a home built array of quiet PC fans that I
plan to place on the vents above the TV to pull the heat out. Wish me
luck. I'll reply with my findings.