Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default How do I get the steam for a steam-pipe?

electric (no flame in shop) hotplate and teakettle.

jc

wrote in message
I'm a woodworking hobbyist who is interested in forming curved shapes
in wood with the aid of a steam pipe. This seems to be a common and
ordinary technique, according to my research.

Obviously, the size and shape of the "pipe" varies according to the
specific situation, and that's fine. But my question is: How do I
get the steam??? I see online products for laundry steam irons
(probably too small) and saunas (surely too large and VERY expensive).

What sort of steam generator would a hobbyist use to form curved wood
pieces? Is this something that I must cobble up on my own (maybe by
appropriating my turkey fryer?) or is there something that will do the
job for me?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!