Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default rotary electric shaver heads sharpened, adjusted (save$$)

msg wrote:

Au contraire, mon ami. I have several 3-head Norelco shavers with different
versions of the blades and both have not kept them sharp with use; I have
had to use a fine flat stone to 'hone' the blades which restores them enough
for perhaps a few months of use before additional treatment is needed.

I had previously been under the impression that they self-sharpened.

I went through a set of heads about every three years, where the
grill wore till it cracked. No matter how I cleaned them, they didn't
last. Of course I had a VERY tough beard back then. I couldn't get
through a single shave on one double edged blade. I had to shave three
times a day while I was in the US Army, and went through four or five
blades most days. Man, was I ever glad to get out of basic training!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida