Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default Brass all thread

----- Original Message -----
From: "Trevor Jones"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 5:12 PM
Subject: Brass all thread

Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Hi Richard,

Don't use brass in a swimming pool.

Why not?

I don't have a swimming pool but would like to log it for future
reference.

Dave

Corrosion. Better not to have it come apart in the wee hours.

Even more miserable if you are paying an hourly rate to the guy that hast
to get it apert, a few years down the road.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

apparently chlorine eats stainless too. i had to replace a stainless rod
(maybe 1/2" by 10") in my pool filter. it had holes through it like swiss
cheese. was amazing to look at. (i figured the holey parts were where
there had been some contamination in the process of making the stainless.)
(but i'm sure stainless lasts longer than brass.)

b.w.