Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Plumbing challenge?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:56:02 -0500, David L. Martel wrote:

Franz,

Assuming the pond does not freeze solid, why not pipe your cold well
water directly to the pond. I don't understand why you want to dump the
water in your yard.
I'd also be concerned about eventually draining your aquifer or other
water source. I thought folks put the heat exchanger down in the well
rather than pump the water around.

Dave M.

The pond is 200 feet from building. If it works, I'd like to discharge
water into a small water feature/stream which eventually leads to pond.
Cheaper than trenching and laying pipe.