Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Scantlebury[_2_] Eric Scantlebury[_2_] is offline

Default Electrical Switch Question

"RBM" wrote in message
Couple of NEC code cycles ago, they outlawed back stabs in 12 gauge. You'd
be better off looping one continuous wire around the screw terminals of
each switch or pigtailing under a wire nut

Sort of what I figured. Ok - so these 20 amp switches are much "beefier"
than a 15 amp switch. How does one put all the "pigtailed" and wirenuted
stuff in a 3 1/2 inch box with the darn outlet? LOL?

Not only that but once I get to the 3 switch box the amount of wire in that
is huge.