Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_4_] SteveB[_4_] is offline

Default Use patio furniture as front room furniture?

wrote in message
"Tim" wrote:

If you are comfortable on it, who cares what we all might think. My wife
and I had empty paint buckets (5 gallon size, 1 gallon would just be
silly)
as our first chairs in our apartment. We had no mattress, just our
blankets
and pillows on the floor in the bedroom. Our dining table/coffee table
was
2 more buckets with a board across the top. :-)

Wow... you guys really did start out with little huh?!

Seriously...... not many people would do that

The only caution I would have would be the strength of the patio furniture
for those on the heavier side of life. I have some friends who may not
want
to sit on patio furniture because it might give way. Plastic/Wicker may
not
be sturdy enough for extended use.

yeah.... most of the new patio furniture I've looked at
such as at Home depot and Walmart say something abt a
300 lb limit on the love seat

Ahhhhhhhh yes, the old days of Pier 1 hatch covers, free wire rope spool end
and coffee tables, bean bag chairs, and cinderblock bookcases with plywood
shelves. How did we EVER live before we became civilized?

Steve