Randal O'Brian

Default How do they make worry balls?

Well, you might not believe it, but they do have chimes inside. It is
little coil spring gong with one end welded to the inside of the ball half.
A steel ball about 3/8" dia, is also put (loose) in before the other ball
half is welded or brazed on. Shaking the ball makes the steel ball strike
the gong, producing a melodious note.

Randy

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
(clip) Chinese iron balls with the chimes inside (clip)
I don't believe the part about the Chinese balls having chimes inside,
either. I think those balls make a nice clinking sound because they are
hard metal.

Q: Who thought up the expression, "It's cold enough to freeze the balls

off
a pawnshop?"

A. I did.