Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Brass all thread

"SteveB" wrote:

I am having trouble finding this. I need 1/4 - 20 in two 24" lengths. I
may have to bite the bullet and get it online if I can't find it locally.
Any ideas to what sort of business may have this? It's for a pool filter,
and when I ask, a glazed look comes over their eyes.

My local Lowe's carries stainless. [which is what i would use on a
pool- I think the chlorine eats brass] I found out when
I grabbed a couple pieces of threaded rod and nearly had a
heart-attack when the girl rang it up.

The brass is only $7 at mcmaster.com - If you're stuck on brass they
might be your best bet. [I usually find it quicker to order from them
than wait until I remember to pick up something while I'm out.]

Jim