Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

"Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator" wrote in
message
Looking at the nicely packaged yellow gas lines, we asked EVERYONE in the
stores if we should replace and they all (multiple stores) said nobody
replaces the gas line. They said leave it so we don't introduce a leak.

The problem with asking at the store is the average worker there knows very
little. Flex lines used to be against code in some places, then there were
required for earthquake prone locations. A call to the gas inspector will
clarify what you need. Water heaters are better than dryers, but years of
constant flex and vibration can cause cracks in the joiunts of flex lines.