Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air in pipes

wrote in message
I am having difficulty with what I believe is air in my pipes. I hear
a very long and loud groan often, and from almost any tap. It is
getting more frequent and loud and actaully will occur when we are not
even using a tap i.e. during the night. Right now it is happening
while we do the laundry. Any ideas on how to stop it?

Doubt it is the pipes if you hear it when no water is running. Could be
pipes expanding when the heat goes on if you have hot water heat. Could be
a portion is no longer supported properly.