Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:55:46 -0800 (PST), wrote:
the intricate baffels are there to help efficency.

Hi Hallerb,

That was another question we had in the queue!

1. What exactly do these intricate baffles actually do?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2040/...b7542339_m.jpg

I'm guessing they slow down the heated air so that it has more time to heat
up the water by passive convection. Is that true?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2273276725/

Donna