Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default why 60-40 solder?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:35:15 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

all
"mike" wrote in message
wrote:
why is 63-37 eutectic solder not universally preferred?

Because you can't sell it in the EU if it's got lead in it.

"mark krawczuk" wrote in message
huh ????

that solder has 37 % lead in it.!!!!
and thats crap , i work in a company that uses exclusively 60-40 solder
and we ship weekly 3500 pcbs a week to the eu .
where u get your info ?

When the EU find out, how you get out of jail ?

Actually the importer is on the hook, not the manufacturer...

But, there are exceptions to the rule, I'm sure he fits one of them.