Unknown

Default How do they make worry balls?

On 14 Jul 2004 05:50:25 -0700, Ray wrote:

,;You know, the Chinese iron balls with the chimes inside like
,;http://www.uran.net/zlb/cloisonneexerciseballs.htm ?
,;Some are chrome plated and quite smooth. They've been around for hundreds
,;of years, though I don't know if they originally had the chimes inside. I'd
,;hate to have to cut one open to find out!

Most of the ones I have look like they were created by placing a
design using copper wire on a hollow ball and filling the areas with
plastic. At that point some surface grinding would be necessary.

I have several pair of these retrieved from Hong kong. They do have
chimes inside. (They make noise when you shake one.)

They also are good for exercising the fingers. It is best to start
with the smaller size and work up to something more substantial. One
should be able to rotate the two balls in either direction (smoothly)
in one hand without banging the balls together.

On my last trip I bought two solid marble balls in Melbourne that are
about three inches in diameter. Anyone who thinks you don't exercise
the fingers should try these. I use them every day and after about
five minutes the muscles in the forearm will let you know that they
are getting exercised. It took a while to be able to handle this
larger size. They also had solid steel balls about the same size. I
passed on those and now regret that decision.

I don't believe anyone would use these where the sun don't shine.