Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

Default Fixing small things

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. ..
I spend a lot of time fixing things to walls, curtain poles, blinds,
mirrors, pictures etc. I carry a pretty comprehensive range of fixings &
screws on the van - the fixings & screws supplied with the item invariably
go straight in the bin.

Fixing large items isn't a problem, its small stuff that causes the agro,
the cleats supplied with binds for example - this sort of thing;

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/86762/...20HOOK-_-86762

These are 75mm, but the ones supplied with the blinds are smaller.

Problem
is you are drilling two holes in the wall very close to each other. In
plasterboard they are inclined to join together & in masonry they often
crumble.

Would it help in some circumstances e.g. plasterboard to drill the first
hole, insert plug and screw and then drill the second hole? You won't get
the problem of there being a weak 'side' when you drill the second hole.