Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

This has been a very informative thread. I didn't appreciate that our
15-year old water heater (61 gallon - State / 0.55 ER) is likely on
borrowed time. The first one in our home was replaced after just 8 years
(previous owner). As someone pointed out, now is probably a good time to
start researching a replacement.

All this talk about water heaters and I came home today to find I had no hot
water. Went out to the garage and found a puddle around the heater and the
flame was out. Fortunately it seems this time it was just a leaking joint on
the flex pipe but it's a reminder that I need to start looking at
replacements.