Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Protecting (and cleaning) chrome

On Feb 17, 6:47�pm, Don Wiss wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Nate Nagel wrote:
you might want to post to an automotive group for ideas; polishing old
chrome is a common automotive task

Interesting suggestion. I had not thought of that. I don't own a car, so
I've never checked out whether such groups even exist.

I have heard that crumpled up aluminum foil will help quite a bit, try
using that instead of a rag for inital polishing.

I did see that in my google searches. I would think that it could scratch
the chrome.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

there are people who can rechome it, if its rusty the chrome finish
has failed.

look for auto body chrome companies.

their business has collapsed, newer cars have no chrome