Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Plumbing Question

"Robert11" wrote in
:

Hello,

I think I know the answer to this query, but I'd feel remiss if I
didn't at least ask.

There is a brown water stain on the ceiling of the room below from a
leak in the bathroom above.
The stain is Not directly under the shower or toilet or sink.

Haven't been concerned with plumbing for quite a while.

Are there any new, modern, techniques for locating the leak other than
ripping up the ceiling (ugh !) ?

Or "stop-leak" prodicts like for a car's radiator ?

I realize also that the water leak from a fitting or whatever might be
many feet from the stain in that the dripping water migh be running
along a pipe before it does finally fall off onto the ceiling.

e.g. what would be the first thing to consider, or most likely perhaps
?

Any thoughts on all of this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
B.

Are there any new, modern, techniques for locating the leak other than
ripping up the ceiling (ugh !) ?

Well, there's a lot of new, modern tools for making the same hole :-)