Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Help with Tektronix TDS 460 scope acquisition fault please

Smeghead wrote:

On Feb 17, 11:52 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:

Smeghead wrote :

Many thanks again...it means I really must find the time to get the
beast to bits and get the boards sorted. I also have a Tek 2235 and a
2215 both needing psu work ...maybe I should cut my teeth on those
first before getting stuck into the TDS.

those 2200s probably have bad electrolytics,too! (ESR)
At least they are not SMD.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Hi again Jim,
Yes cheers for that and I will be more at home in the non SMD domain.
Plus there is the luxury of good old Tek service manuals showing
component level detail. . Can you enlighten me on the "Simple Green"?
Is it a spray chemical from a can or a like a soap solution?? A www
ref to an advert would be nice!
Thanks
Mike K.

Simple Green is a non corrosive cleaning product safe on just about ever
thing, it's good at removing grease and grime.

I use windex ( a glass cleaner) a mild cleaner and a air to blow it
out from under the bodies once it's in there for a bit.

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"