Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

The Medway Handyman wrote:
BRG wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"BRG" wrote in message
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:59:10 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

It isn't an offence to hang about, if you think it is just
remember that the next time you stop in the street to talk to
someone you know.

Actually I think it IS an offence to loiter.

Define *loitering* as that can also apply to old farts like me who
could stand and gossip on the public highway all damn day!

Legally minors can't make purchases anyway, so they have no valid
reason to hang around shops.

Under the law minors *CAN* make purchases *AND* contracts for
*NECESSARIES*.

Necessaries are described under the Sales of Goods Act, 1893 as
Food, Clothing, Medical Attention and Educational Books.

Hence they have every right to frequent shops for purchases, but
not for the minority to hang around and create a damn nuisance of
themselves!

There are enough adults that hang around being a real pain, they
hang about pub doors, entrances to offices, and shops, all over the
place and they usually litter too. I wonder why its OK for them but
not for kids?

I quite agree - but it's usually the youngsters that are more
boisterous and appear to be more intimidating than their elders -
especially when they are intxicated or just out for trouble in gangs.

If someone comes up with a way to shift them things will be much
better.

According to my son, America (which he treats as his second home due
to work commitments there) and New York particularly, have laws
preventing smokers etc from congregating within 20 feet or so of any
public access doorway - if they applied that law here, then that
would resolve the problem.

It wouldn't resolve the 'problem' - a non exxistant problem anyway, it
would just make non-smokers enjoy their Schadenfreude even more,
evil little *******s that they are.

That should have read;
anti smoking fascists enjoy their Schadenfreude even more, evil little
*******s that they are.

No offence to any normal non smokers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman