Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:59:36 -0600, msg wrote:

odd that such detail would be accorded to a routine task.
Donna, what is your employment or educational background?

snip
I retired from a career in public-school teaching two years ago.

At one point, I taught very young autistic and aspergers children; we found
the best therapy for their social disability was to break down even the
most mundane of tasks into their every component.

By behavioral modification, the children could perform the behavior on
their own, outside the classroom.

This is much like what a software engineer does when writing routine or
complex software, is it not?

Indeed, I almost labeled your post a "flow chart" but it didn't use the
standard conventions of flow charting ;-).

Are you planning on posting your photos and tutorial? What would be the URL?

Michael