Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 06:19:34 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote:
the nipples on the top of your new heater should already be dielectric,
so adding a dielectric at the end of your water pipes would only protect
the copper flex.

Hi Nate,
That dialectric stuff confuses me to no end.

The nipples already screwed into the top of the hot water heater seem to
have blue plastic inside them but they look like steel. I was actually
expecting two black steel female fittings in the top of the tank based on
what I saw at the store but this tank, when we finally got it out of the
box, has two whitish chromeyish nipples already screwed in.

Are you saying we can put the copper or stainless steel flex tubing
directly onto those two nipples sticking out of the top of the new hot
water heater?

Donna