Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

"BRG" wrote in message
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:59:10 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

It isn't an offence to hang about, if you think it is just remember
that the next time you stop in the street to talk to someone you
know.

Actually I think it IS an offence to loiter.

Define *loitering* as that can also apply to old farts like me who could
stand and gossip on the public highway all damn day!

Legally minors can't make purchases anyway, so they have no valid
reason to hang around shops.

Under the law minors *CAN* make purchases *AND* contracts for
*NECESSARIES*.

Necessaries are described under the Sales of Goods Act, 1893 as Food,
Clothing, Medical Attention and Educational Books.

Hence they have every right to frequent shops for purchases, but not for
the minority to hang around and create a damn nuisance of themselves!

There are enough adults that hang around being a real pain, they hang about
pub doors, entrances to offices, and shops, all over the place and they
usually litter too. I wonder why its OK for them but not for kids?
If someone comes up with a way to shift them things will be much better.