Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Am I imagining problems with this drywall?

On Feb 17, 3:47 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1..../waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

I can't tell from that picture whether the wall is flat - in plane -
or not. To determine such, hold a 4' straightedge against the wall.
There shouldn't be a gap larger than 1/8" and the transitions should
be smooth - tapered out for at least a foot.

You should talk to the painter about using the correct roller cover
and _cleaning_ it before it's used! On new drywall 3/8" nap leaves a
nice smooth finish. Anything greater than that can leave too much
paint on the wall and it dries with a much more pronounced texture.
There's also a lot of crud in the paint. Use a drywall sanding screen
on a pole and knock off the nibs, then recoat.