Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Am I imagining problems with this drywall?

Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 3:47 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1..../waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

I can't tell from that picture whether the wall is flat - in plane -
or not. To determine such, hold a 4' straightedge against the wall.
There shouldn't be a gap larger than 1/8" and the transitions should
be smooth - tapered out for at least a foot.

You should talk to the painter about using the correct roller cover
and _cleaning_ it before it's used! On new drywall 3/8" nap leaves a
nice smooth finish. Anything greater than that can leave too much
paint on the wall and it dries with a much more pronounced texture.
There's also a lot of crud in the paint. Use a drywall sanding screen
on a pole and knock off the nibs, then recoat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

That's one busy bathroom. The tape job in the center bottom, isn't great,
but I assume a base cabinet of some sort is going there, so it wouldn't
matter

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 2:47*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1....waviness2..jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

If the same guy painted that did the electric I would be worried and
check everything out. If the lighting we see is what you will use he
needs to go over his work again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

Really crappy paint job and no sponge down before the paint was applied.

I think I saw a small blemish or two. It is quite common to find a couple
after the primer coat is applied.

They are easy to float off at that time.

You have reason to be concerned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:47:28 -0800 (PST), Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

In the first photo the job around the right hand light box looks like the
drywall installer pushed the drywall over the box to expose the box (like
he screwed the drywall down without doing the cutout first). It looks real
bad if your out-of-focus photo is anything at all like the real thing.
What is that mark under the center outlet? The big cutout around the
bottom right outlet cluster is very sloppy. The paint job over dirty walls
is extremely poor workmanship also. Is the gouge running from one bottom
box to the other going to be covered up? If not, it needs to be patched.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

After reading the other comments in this thread
and looking at the two pictres, I know that I need to:

A. get my eyes checked and get new glasses; and,

B. get a whole lot better monitor.

In the pictures, I can't see any of the things commented about!
Especially the paint items. Or are you guys looking at
the dark area, which I think is shadow area, which I
think is the shadow of the photographer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

Drywall wasn't done right. Mudding and taping not done right. Troughs and
gouges not filled or sanded. Texturing crappy. Paint put on top of whole
thing. Other than that, it looks good.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Cover the wall with mirror and cabinets....

Many thanks in advance!

--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 06:52:11 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Feb 17, 2:47*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1..../waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

If the same guy painted that did the electric I would be worried and
check everything out. If the lighting we see is what you will use he
needs to go over his work again.

Did I count correctly, there six wall receptacles near the bath
floor? / on that wall!
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Cover the wall with mirror and cabinets....

Many thanks in advance!

--
Oren

BOTH the mudding and the painting look like ****...MAKE THEM FIX IT....

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

It's hard to really judge the "flatness" from a photograph.
But the general quality of the finish is extremely poor.
It looks more like a wall that has had 20 years of beating
and multiple patches.

As a new wall, I'd consider it perfectly unacceptable.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I'm having my bathroom redone and I think that one of the walls is not
as flat as it should be. Before I ask my contractors to fix it, I
would like to make sure that I'm not imagining things. I've uploaded
to high resolution images:

http://freeboundaries.com/waviness1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/waviness2.jpg

What do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

Wavy? Who knows - a straight-on pic just doesn't show much.

In a small room you'd need to either point the cam from ceiling level
down to show the wall/floor intersection or up from floor level at the
wall/ceiling joint to get any idea of waviness.

The finish/paint job is crap - I'm currently skimming all the walls in
my 50 yr. old house to smooth out stuff like that.