Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default ARTICLE - Sharpening Carving Chisels

"Tanus" wrote

I don't think this system is as good as
what charlieb and Swingman are using,
but it's a bit cheaper. YMMV

Actually, I've spent far more on waterstones than I did on the WorkSharp
3000. The basic unit, which will set you up to immediately do chisels and
plane irons, 'out of the box', is $199.

I found that much more attractive, costwise, and less messy, than the
Tormek, which I could have sprung for many times in the past, but was always
put off by the inherent "mess" of any water based grinding system.

The WS 3000 is probably not for everyone, but it certainly suits my purposes
_much_ better than any other sharpening method I've tried, and no sludge to
deal with.

(I've got a Grizzly slow speed water based grinder I'll give to anyone who
wants to come pick it up)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07