Dave Baker

Default reduce sound through window

Subject: reduce sound through window
From: "Matthew Ames \(news\)"
Date: 01/10/03 11:47 GMT Daylight Time

"Remco" wrote in message
news
Recently, traffic in my street got a lot more busy as it used to be. As it
really gets on my nerves, I want to insulate my house. I noticed most/if
not all of the noise comes through the main double glazed window.
It's a modern construction, no air leaks. After reading the internet, I
found out one of the best solutions is to make a 2nd glazing, inside the

main
window. As this is the easiest to do in the existing setup, I want to know
what sound reduction I can expect from it. Let me sum it up:

I ahve wooden double glazed units and I have noticed that they seem to let
noise though the wood to wood seals rather than the glass work. My parents
had fitted, about 10 years ago, secondary double glazing, which it what you
are refering to, from Anglican Windows.

I'm told they can be a real blessing

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.