Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Fixing small things

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:45:47 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I spend a lot of time fixing things to walls, curtain poles, blinds,
mirrors, pictures etc. I carry a pretty comprehensive range of fixings
& screws on the van - the fixings & screws supplied with the item
invariably go straight in the bin.

Fixing large items isn't a problem, its small stuff that causes the
agro, the cleats supplied with binds for example - this sort of thing;
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/86762/...ittings/Cleat-

Hooks/Cleat-Hook-Chrome-75mm-Pk-10?cm_re=SEARCHPROMO-_-CLEAT%20HOOK-
_-86762

These are 75mm, but the ones supplied with the blinds are smaller.
Problem is you are drilling two holes in the wall very close to each
other. In plasterboard they are inclined to join together & in masonry
they often crumble. Fixing with one sound & tight screw leaves the
cleat able to swivel & the client perceives it as 'not done properly'.

Best solution I've come up with is yellow plugs, 5mm drill & number 6
screws. No good for plasterboard of course & I can't find smaller
plasterboard fixings.

Any ideas?

I've found this Fischer Wet'N'Fix product which seems like the answer.

Anyone used it?

Fixone properly and just put something in the other hold to stop the
cleat turning?