Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default concrete resurfacing

On Feb 16, 9:27Â*pm, " wrote:
On Feb 16, 9:22�pm, Pat wrote:

On Feb 16, 4:25�pm, jc wrote:

Hello.

Old house here. Front driveway and back porch are poured concrete with
with some �cracks. in the back we have a cheesy tile.

We are looking to resurface or replace with something more natural.

Any option to pour over something that looks like natural stone? If
so, how do they deal with cracks? How thick would he pour over have to
be?

Thanks for any help or information.

Look into the flatwork people in your area who can do stamped
concrete. �They might be able to pour right over the existing concrete
and give you a nice look.

the base is way more important than the finish coat..... wether the
finish is asphalt, concrete or brick.

another trouble with adding a layer like asphalt is drainage and stuff
being too high.

do it right, do it once, then relax........

if you cut corners you will be doing it again- Hide quoted text -

I haven't seen the site and I doubt you have either. If it's just
light cracking, you can pour over it. But in any case, the OP
mentioned the possibility of replacing and having it look like
stone. In that instance, stamped concrete would work just fine. If
the OP is looking at options, stamped concrete would be one, and as I
suggested, contacting a qualified contractor would be in his/her best
interest.