Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcolm Hoar Malcolm Hoar is offline

Default concrete resurfacing

In article , jc wrote:
Hello.

Old house here. Front driveway and back porch are poured concrete with
with some cracks. in the back we have a cheesy tile.

We are looking to resurface or replace with something more natural.

Any option to pour over something that looks like natural stone? If
so, how do they deal with cracks? How thick would he pour over have to
be?

Google "decorative concrete" to find a slew of products
and services.

The trouble is... it's really, really hard to figure out
which of these solutions is going to prove durable. Sadly,
many installations fail within a few years leaving you with
a sorry mess.

Many of the systems are not available on a DIY basis and
others aren't really suitable. There are lots of scams too
liky epoxy systems that are *way* overpriced and pretend
to be hugely more durable than basic chemistry would allow.

I've almost given up hope of finding a suitable coating
or finish for my front porch which needs something.

Maybe you can find a local contractor with some expertise.
Don't bother with them unless they've been in business for
a decade or more and have tons of references. Since your
job is a lot more substantial than mine, you might be
able to find an up-scale contractor that does more
commercial work than residential -- you can certainly
find some good quality coatings installed in large
hotels, public buildings and the like. Of course, it
won't be cheap.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |