Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Baseboard bullnose corners

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:18:37 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Colbyt" wrote in message
om...

"SteveB" wrote in message
I bought the small corners that go on the corners of bullnose to match the
baseboards. Are these okay to just shoot on with the nailer, or should I
drill through them and the sheet metal of the bullnose and then use
finishing nails?

Steve

I am not familiar with the product you describe.

I can tell you it does not take much metal to deflect the average air
nail.

And horrible things can happen when they deflect.

So if there is metal, I would break out the drill and nail set.

Sorry.

Bullnose is a sheet metal put on sheetrock corners to make them round.

Baseboard is wood or synthetic trim put to cover up where the sheetrock
meets the carpet on the bottom.

The round corners wrap around from the two pieces of baseboard to make a
continuous run of the same profile, and have it look nice and finished. The
round corners are round because if they were square corners, they wouldn't
fit on the round bull nose. These are wood.

Steve

Cut yourself two short pieces of base for the nailing of the bull nose
trim. Adjust the bull nose trim (baseboard samples - alignment ) and
shoot with two long brads. Use the base pieces on the next outside
corner... Get the brad through the bull/ corner bead without
splitting it

--
Oren