Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.energy
CJT CJT is offline

Default How many therms (natural gas) do you use per day (per month)?

Colbyt wrote:
"Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator" wrote in
message . ..

I'm curious how I compare with others in my natural gas usage.

I used 120 therms in the past 30 days (about 4 therms per day).
HOW MANY THERMS DID YOU USE LAST MONTH?

I do realize that there are _many_ factors that affect usage but there is
only one number for your final usage. That's what I'd like to compare.

We use about 100MCF per year for 2600 square feet. We used 22.3 or almost a
1/4 of our yearly usage last month.

That was with a 37.7 average daily temperature. That should be our coldest 4
weeks of the winter. Knock on wood!

To be fair, I was home more during the day than normal so I over-rode the
setback more.

Once upon a time I could convert therms to MCF but that is long since
forgotten.

FWIW, we used 43 MCF last year. About half that was for cooking and hot
water, and the other half for heating (but it's pretty warm here in
Texas).