Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

On 2008-02-16 21:06:50 +0000, "BRG" said:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
BRG wrote:
Mr Flibble wrote:
Bit of bother with some of the local teenage hoods, and considering
installing one of these outside the house. Has anyone tried them, or
had any success with them ? What sort of range do they have ?

Have a look here for some info - it may be of some use (not a lot but
some: :-)

http://www.personalalarms.com/store/erol.html#1X0

Best yob repelent though would be to lock up all the do-gooders and
revert back to the old fashioned discipline that parents, school
teachers, police and neighbours used to be able to instill without
fear of recrimination.
And I'm *NOT* advocating pure physical abuse that leaves huge welts,
bruises etc, or the young child a physical or mental wreck -- before
the aforsaid do-gooders throw their inane comments about how children
should be left to run riot because giving them a well deserved clip
on their bums or legs degrades *their* human rights!!

I was working in a pre schol play group a while ago, not term time so
no kids there. Having a bit of a laugh with the two girls who owned
it. I asked them where the 'naughty chair' was.

Apparently they would loose their council license if they had a
naughty chair or anything similar. It lowers the little buggers self
esteem apparently.

And that's where this country is going wrong. A little loss of self esteem
at that age does far more good than harm - and it teaches respect.

As they used to say "spare the rod and spoil the child" - how right they
were!

BRG

Needs this, I'd say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-2TAfM3Fg