Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, but about cars. Is this true?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Taking your foot ***completely*** off the accelerator at a time like that
is usually the WORST thing to do. The vehicle's already out of control,
and adding sudden new variables can make things worse. The thing to do is
learn how to keep the car aimed in a safe direction, if possible, and
drive out of the problem.

Correct in most every case.

As far as the cruise control decelerating, never mind. Forget it. You
shouldn't be using cruise control on anything but a dry road, and very far
from other vehicles. Like, a mile between you and the next car.

I use it all the time in light rain and when dry, but far less than the mile
you state. Both my cars have traction control or stability control and the
cruise control gets knocked off at the slightest hint of wheel slip. Not
every car has that. ESC is really nifty. I was playing in the snow in our
parking lot at work and it gives amazing control in slippery conditions.