Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_4_] SteveB[_4_] is offline

Default Propane vs. Nat. Gas

"Pete C." wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If it was my house, easy choice. Go with propane. And then get a vented
wall
heater for the living room. Propane is usually cheaper than electric.
And
the propane works during power cuts.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I have a cabin seven miles east of Cedar City, Utah. It was made in
1987,
and electrifried in 1995. It had a propane fridge, and still has the
original propane lights. Propane stove and water heater, too. When the
electricity goes out, we're good to go except the satellite dish.
Lights,
stove, hot water, wood stove. Don't know if I want a generator or not.
It's nice for things to be silent occasionally. Time to go up soon and
see
if we can drive through the snow drifts and start using it. Come on,
spring.

Steve

If the cabin is non electric beyond the satellite stuff, it sounds like
a good candidate for solar and / or wind setup since it is a relatively
small load. Check out stuff at homepower.com for ideas.

Nah, it's electric. About $72k to bring the electricity in 1995.

Stove