Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default Propane vs. Nat. Gas

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:34:48 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

Ovens can vary wildly simply by their configuration. Placement of air
channels. Thickness and types of metals. Size and shape of burners. Lots
of things. Ovens are a different animal. I'm mainly talking about burners.
What you see is what you get. And once you get used to it, you can set it
instantly, and it doesn't take it ten minutes to finally adjust to that new
temperature setting.

It's a coin flip with electric vs. gas ovens.

And I think there's a huge difference with ovens, just like burners. A
person who bakes a lot will be better at setting, maintaining, and
recognizing temperatures than the occasional baker.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I fully agree with you with regards to the cook top; no question, gas
provides much better control. My comments were strictly with respect
to the oven portion and, again, I've never had any issues with
accuracy or temperature control with either gas or electric. Chalk it
up to either low culinary standards or extraordinary good luck. :-)

If I had access to natural gas, I would opt for an all gas unit, if
for no other reason than to free up space on my main [100-amp] panel.
However, as I'm currently restricted to either propane and/or
electric, a dual fuel range is my preferred option. An all electric
would be a distant third.

Cheers,
Paul