Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Propane vs. Nat. Gas

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:36:47 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

As you say, better temperature control is supposedly one key
advantage, although I can't honestly say I've noticed any difference.

Then you haven't cooked very much. With gas, it's on or it's off. Or it's
on just a little. Or it's on a lot. You can visually look at it and see
what it's doing.

I realize gas ovens cycle on and off (as do electric) and greater
variation in cooking temperature is possible (or so I'm told), but
having used both I've never found it to be a problem. Perhaps some
models have more accurate controls than others, or maybe newer ranges
in general work better than their older counterparts -- I really don't
know. All I can tell you is that I've never had reason to complain.

And for those less fortunate, help might be found he

http://www.ehow.com/how_8260_check-adjust-ovens.html

Cheers,
Paul

From what I've seen, electric ovens tend to have better controls than
gas ovens do. Dual fuel is the way to go whether it's a dual fuel range,
or a gas cooktop and electric wall ovens.