Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Scantlebury[_2_] Eric Scantlebury[_2_] is offline

Default Propane vs. Nat. Gas

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
Mike Dobony wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:07:07 GMT, Robert Allison wrote:

This is true and if you can get the propane company to rent you the tank,
that is the way to go.

I only have my stove on Propane (if you cook electric sucks - you cannot
control the temp with any type of fine degree. Though if you bake electric
ovens are the best). They wanted to start "renting" me the tanks for a
couple hudred dollars a year because I didn't use "enough" propane - that on
top of charging what amounts to twice the $ per gallon that any old place
will fill a 20lb tank for. They call it a premium becuase I only use so
much. That's when I told them to come get their tanks and I installed 2 40
lbers and a regulater bought at an RV store - got the idea when I saw all
these RV's driving around with dual tanks and figured "Hell" that's all I
need.. LOL! Now, not only do I pay less for propane I own the tanks. When
I run out on the grill I can "rob" a tank from my house (or vice versa).
The only "inconveniance" is a couple times a year I have to go 5 minutes
down the road to buy propane.