Posted to alt.home.repair
alphaz alphaz is offline

Default Mold in them thar walls...

On Feb 15, 9:01 pm, Moldy wrote:
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

Mold on inside surfaces is in 99% of cases caused by internal air
humidity coming in contact with cold surfaces. Apart from the
temperature of the wall in question (you mention -outside surfaces!)
has little bearing on the problem. I.E Get into your motor on a cold
morning and sit there for a few minutes or so before you switch on the
engine? Result? Humidity, condensation on the Inside of the windows
but no change to the outside surfaces? Buildup of internal air
humidity caused by? you! Now if you were also to boil some water in
there??