Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mold in them thar walls...

Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 4:01*pm, Moldy wrote:
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. *The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. *If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about? *

Mold is a _serious_ health hazard that can cause many problems. Some
people are allergic to it. It also has that unique smell that even a
patched out job cannot hide. If I lived in that place, I would
certainly replace the drywall and disinfect/clean the wood studs as
required. Not very costly to avoid many problems down the road...

-cp
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 9:01 pm, Moldy wrote:
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

Mold on inside surfaces is in 99% of cases caused by internal air
humidity coming in contact with cold surfaces. Apart from the
temperature of the wall in question (you mention -outside surfaces!)
has little bearing on the problem. I.E Get into your motor on a cold
morning and sit there for a few minutes or so before you switch on the
engine? Result? Humidity, condensation on the Inside of the windows
but no change to the outside surfaces? Buildup of internal air
humidity caused by? you! Now if you were also to boil some water in
there??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:01:01 -0600, Moldy wrote:

Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

Are you required to complete a real estate disclosure form when you
see the hose? Will you be honest about the mold? Fix it now!
--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:32:48 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:01:01 -0600, Moldy wrote:

Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

Are you required to complete a real estate disclosure form when you
see the hose? Will you be honest about the mold? Fix it now!

sell the house?
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Moldy" wrote in message
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both
inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

How do you know you have mold on the inside surfaces of the wall? How did
you observe this mold?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Moldy" wrote in message
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both
inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

Do NOT seal the wall... If the mold is there, it will stay there and it WILL
make you sick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 4:37�pm, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:32:48 -0800, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:01:01 -0600, Moldy wrote:

Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. �The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. �If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about? �

Are you required to complete a real estate disclosure form when you
see the hose? �Will you be honest about the mold? Fix it now!

sell the house?
--
Oren

OP is obviously aware of the hazard and even posted it on the net.....

better to fix it now, and while you at it insulate if its a exterior
wall......

otherwise at home resale time you will HAVE to disclose it, or lie and
if you get caught pay a high priced mold mitagation firm to fix a
house you dont even own......

drywall is cheap.......... fix it now, spray bleach on everything that
remains
Posted to alt.home.repair

put the bleach to it
spray it on
goggle is your friend
"Calab" wrote in message

"Moldy" wrote in message
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both
inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

Do NOT seal the wall... If the mold is there, it will stay there and it
WILL make you sick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:58:51 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 15, 4:37?pm, Oren wrote:
[...]

A neighbor sold and moved. He had repaired a leak in the garage from a
water heater. Some moving boxes were stacked in this area, along the
wall during the home inspection.

The inspector found damage in the adjacent room and then went on the
hunt for the mold/damage. pulled the boxes away and found the problem.

Had the real estate agent known of this problem, in the first place
they could have saved tons of money. The sell was delayed until
complete mitigation of the mold and all reports returned.

The owner never told the agent, so because of all the mess it had to
be disclosed.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 3:01*pm, Moldy wrote:
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. *The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. *If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about? *

You need to kill the spores, laundry bleach does that by removing
molds oxygen, I would spray down anything with mold.
Posted to alt.home.repair

a neighbors sewer line was bad, and wasnt disclosed even though
plumbers had been out.

new owner had troubles, happened to call a plumber who had been out
for old owner.........

old owner got sued, 10 grand for new sewer line, 5 grand to replace
wall and driveway and yard restoration, 5 grand for legal fees

old owner could of done job for fraction of cost. new owner didnt
care, even got one nite paid in hotel room while project was going on.

disclose everything

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:43:58 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Moldy" wrote in message
.. .
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both
inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

How do you know you have mold on the inside surfaces of the wall? How did
you observe this mold?

Good one. What credentials does he have to determine it "toxic black
mold"?
--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:26:29 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

disclose everything

Don't call it mold and post it on the net, until you really are sure
--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:43:58 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Moldy" wrote in message
. ..
Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both
inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

How do you know you have mold on the inside surfaces of the wall? How did
you observe this mold?

Good one. What credentials does he have to determine it "toxic black
mold"?
--
Oren

I'm wondering if he means the interior, meaning the part you see in the
room, or if he means the insides of the walls - the part only the spiders
see.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:46:47 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:43:58 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Moldy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

What's a 4x8 piece of sheetrock cost these days? I've never noticed. Under
$20 for even the thickest?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:13:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Moldy" wrote in message
[...]

I'm allergic to work and break out in hives, so I can't answer! :-/

--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Moldy" wrote in message
.. .

Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both
inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

How do you know you have mold on the inside surfaces of the wall? How did
you observe this mold?

Has anyone noticed the OP's email addy?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:23:00 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

Has anyone noticed the OP's email addy?

Maybe he is a troll or just shy A good subject; nonetheless.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:01:01 -0600, Moldy wrote:

Long story short, I have a 16 sq ft area of toxic black mold on both inside
surfaces of a sheetrock wall, with no evidence of mold on the exterior
surface. The moisture source has been eliminated and the mold is now
dormant. If I ignore it and seal the wall, do I have anything to worry
about?

Mold needs high moisture to grow. You can wipe off the mold with a
rag dampened with a 10% solution of household bleach and warm water.

Mold RVer Don Home Repair 4 February 4th 08 02:52 AM
Radiators: Interior Walls or Exterior Walls? [email protected] UK diy 6 August 15th 06 07:23 AM
mold on living room walls & doors jeslawrence Home Repair 4 January 21st 04 08:28 PM