Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Propane vs. Nat. Gas

SteveB wrote:
I live in a rural area currently with electric only. No pun intended.
There are rumors of nat. gas coming soon, but who knows when. We want a gas
stove. ...
For those who have/have had both propane and natural gas, is it worth it to
wait for the natural gas, or just do the propane thing. And then convert
when it gets there if we choose to?

First, _why_ do you want the gas stove/range? That should determine
whether you're willing to wait or not.

Propane probably won't be any cheaper than the electric, might even be
more expensive depending on just how high LP is where you are as
compared to the electric rates.

The "chef" reasons for gas are immaterial one to the other imo (and, not
being particularly culinary, mostly overrated), but those are choices
only possible to be made on the basis of personal preference and/or
prejudice.