Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Clip on door

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
On a kitchen unit I'd like one standard door not to open on hinges but
just to come off for access. Any fittings available to do this? I
could make something up, of course. Would magnetic catches be strong
enough at the top if it were supported at the bottom? I'd rather it
doesn't have to be lifted up to clear as there will be another door
above and I'd like it close fitting to the top of the removable one.

That's an interesting question - why do you want such a door?

It's purely needed for service access - nothing will be stored etc in the
unit. Something like a boiler cupboard. And there is an obstruction to
prevent a normal door opening fully. So easiest way is to have the door
totally removable.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I certainly wasn't saying you shouldn't have one by the way :-)

Mary